Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Okay--talk of cars on other xangas has inspired me.

I'm shall tell of my very first car-- White Lillly.

She was a '72 Datsun 510 hatchback station wagon, with more character than a scarred vetran. I received her on my sixteenth birthday from my sister--who had just bought a brand, spankin' new white Honda Accord.

She's the reason that I know how to drive a straight drive, though since her untimely death, all I've had are automatics.

She received her name after I read Mathew 6:28, which says:

Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

She was white--sort of--and she toiled not, neither did she SPIN...

At the event of her untimely death, I wrote the following obituary...

The residents of W*** U**** were saddened by the great loss of a faithful, albeit old and decrepit companion of eight years.

White Lilly, as she was known in some circles, will be properly mourned as her passing became imminent with an unusually harsh sound in her third gear, resulting from a faulty transmission, which, if driven any more, would cause the driver great duress and suffering, with a roadside call of angst to one's father/mechanic.

As slave to her owner's demands of somewhat unruly driving, she served her one-score and eleven years in the service of the road, transporting her innocent and mechanically ignorant female mistresses around the bountiful and munificent campuses of W******* and C******, as well as carrying her long-time and not so mechanically ignorant owner, Mr. Mike G. far and wide.

Ms. Lilly died at the extremely old age of thirty-one, on the twenty-eighth of January, two-thousand and three.

.

(Yay!!! I get a new car!)

~Marie~


--Sometime, I'll post a pic of her...


No comments: