Saturday, November 05, 2005

I love to cook... lol...

I cooked for the first time in--eons--last night and today

YAY!

I made (I know y'all really want to know this... )
Pork Chops and Apples,
Pan-Fried Potatoes (AKA fancified hash browns, with sauteed onions and chicken broth and spices), and
Brocolli... plain-jane, cause everything else tasted pretty complex.
Served with from-nature grapes. No cooking involved.

And this morning, I made muffins and homeade applesauce.
I LOVE homeade applesauce!

It was just a relief to do something so incredibly normal, like cook a meal. And since I love to cook, it was tons of fun!


I don't think I'm in teaching for the long-haul. (Actually, I know I'm not.) As much as I love literature, writing, and all of that good stuff, being with so many people in one day stresses me out. Especially when I must direct their actions, and make sure they are actually doing something productive. Especially when they don't want to be directed... lol!

But I am an English nerd. I'm such an English nerd that I get daily poetry. Now, they aren't always good, but this one was. So I saved it, now to be rehashed in my xanga.

Here's a poem for the day, complements of Writer's Almanac:

God's Grandeur

by Gerard Manley Hopkins

The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with
toil;
And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs--
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.


God Bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.