Friday, December 02, 2005

I LOATHE Locks of Love.

So, today--guess what was on the school newscast this morning. Yup. Three people-cutting their hair for locks of love. Ten inches of their hair, chopped off.

One of them was a guy.

So, guess what my students said as soon as they heard this?!?

Yup.

"Miss R.--Miss R.! You should do it!"

One of the teachers down the hall from me said his classroom was absolute chaos, because all of his students wanted me to donate my hair to L.of L. "Think of it, Mr. Matt, she could contribute 3X what the others did!" --And on, and on.

NO.

A thousand times, NO.

I put up my hair after the news broadcast. It was down before that. I didn't want to be bothered by students commenting.

But it was a good opportunity to tell my fellow team members why I don't cut my hair. And it was bound to happen sometime that I would testify about it. Even if all I said was, I don't want to, and don't I feel like God wants me to, either.

1 Cor 11:15: But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.



And I just want to thank you Lord,
For letting me hear the Word;
What have I done to deserve such Glory Revealed in me?
...


No comments: