Friday, April 08, 2011

Growing Pains

This year has been a growing one.


Some years are like that--pains deep into the muscles of the mind, shooting wide.





And then, you realize you've reached a milestone. Some people think you're at the top of your game. (You still don't.) All you can see are the mountains ahead, and you're afraid to look at the view below, because you might fall flat on your face.


That's where I am now. I'm sitting on go, waiting for the next inhale of challenge or the exhale of relief. It's leaving me breathless.

And then I remember:


Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ --Phillipians 1:6

And I remember my earlier conversation with my sister, and how we talked about everything--not just the good, but also the bad-- working in your life for the glory of God.






And I can breathe again.

1 comment:

Aly said...

Beautiful :)

I miss you.