Tuesday, May 23, 2006

To be like Jesus...

ENTOMBMENT.title JEFF.IN ER 55-72 57-0420
47 021 ...That's what I say tonight. I've got all kinds of names; I don't care what people call me; that doesn't mean a thing to me. The only thing that I want to do is know this: that I have been dead, and my life is hid in Christ, through God, and sealed by the Holy Ghost; that when He calls from among the dead, I'll answer on that day. Bury me in Christ, for those that are in Christ will God bring with Him at that day.

ENTOMBMENT.title JEFF.IN ER 55-72 57-0420
49 022 How do we get in Christ? I Corinthians 12:13, "By one Spirit we are all baptized into one Body, and become fellow citizens of the Kingdom of God." We profess to be pilgrims and strangers on this earth anymore, not seeking these worldly things, but looking for the coming of the blessed King to take over the domain from sea to boundless sea, when He comes in His glory. Certainly, we look for His coming.

ENTOMBMENT.title JEFF.IN ER 55-72 57-0420
50 023 And then no doubt in my mind, but that's what Jesus had in His mind when He was here on earth, was that infallibility of God's eternal Word. For we know that in Him dwelt the Fullness of the Godhead Body. The entire Godhead was in Him. He was both Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, but dwelt in a human form; the theophany of God, the great image of God that He made man in, then placed him in the earth... He had a body. God isn't without a body. God's got a body, and it looks like a man. Moses saw it; others saw it, and it looks like a man.
And it's just an impression, this is, of what that is. And everything on earth, the beauty, the sweetness, the beauty of the earth, is nothing else in the world but an answer to a far better than that, that waits us when we leave this world. For everything in earth is just a pattern of that which is in heaven. Everything that's good, everything that's righteous, everything that's beautiful, trees, birds, everything is just a pattern of what's in heaven.

Our own life is just a pattern. It's just a shadow, and not the real thing. It's the negative side. It takes death to develop the picture, to put us back in the theophany we come from. Then in the resurrection we come in His likeness, a resurrected body. What a beautiful; not only beautiful, but it is the real solemn truth of God's eternal Word, that we'll be like Him.
On Earth I long to be like Him...

Posted via web from marielenora's posterous

No comments: