Okay--this is a note to anyone who might be involved in reading both of my blogs--my nearly nonexistent blogspot, and my dying xanga....
About 2 months ago, my school district blocked xanga. I don't think it was just because of a silly first-year teacher, but I think it was also because of the volume of students using it. Sooo... I'm going to start posting on blogspot again, and then copy/pasting into xanga. Because (sadly) the majority of time I used to spend on xanga was actually at school.. And I know why. It was a great diversion to clear my head after a long day at work.
So here I am at school, once again typing away--they haven't blocked blogspot yet! --lol-- Hopefully, they won't.
I don't think I'll try to catch you up on every solitary thing that's happended since the Christmas holidays--suffice it to say, I've been pretty busy... but God is so good. He meets our needs when we don't deserve it--in spite of ourselves.
~~About this weekend~~
I had a great time this weekend--and got to meet a dear friend! Sis. Sam, you are such a wonderful gal--it was terrific to spend time with you and Bro. Ben--and singing, discussing God's Word, laughing, plain Chat-Chatting, and just generally having an awesome time.
Next time, hopefully we'll get to spend more time together--and hopefully Heather can make it next time! We missed you.
May God bless you both!
Hope your trip back wasn't too icy--we didn't get a thing here, despite the fact that I really wanted a 1/2-day or 2-hour delay today! I coulda caught up on some sleep that I lost!
(I wish I could think of more right now--but my mind's kind of blank after teaching 60 students today--some are out.)
~I just realized.... I forgot to do a valentines post.
Funny things that happened:
- I forgot that it was valentines. I came into school (late--not so unusual) wearing black and grey-- the only red I had on were my burgundy Dansko (teacher) clogs--!
- My students are such gimme monsters... their response to Valentines Day is, "what did you get me, Ms. R?" --at least I don't teach elementary school--it would have been a sure-fire disaster if I'd forgotten what day it was there!
- Sweet stuff--one of my students gave me a rose. (well, actually two, but her big sister came back to claim one of them so that one of the other teachers could have hers--lol!)
- Hilarious stuff--one of my students gave me a valentine marked to Mrs. (big black line over Mrs.) Miss R------ !!!
- I ended up playing with Isaac and Samuel all evening, so that Will could take Beth out--fun, but unusual for valentines' day! (grin)